Wild Garlic Pesto
Delicious scooped over boiled eggs as well as slices of mozzarella for a picnic or more traditionally served with homemade pasta.
• 100g wild garlic leaves (washed thoroughly)
• 50g Parmesan cheese in chunks
• 50g toasted pine nuts
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• lemon juice
• salt and pepper
PICTURE: Arno Maasdorp
1. Pulp the leaves, cheese and oil with a mortar and pestle (or food processor).
2. Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add some more oil if you prefer a thinner texture.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article. The future of our volunteer led, non-profit publication would be far more secure with the aid of a small donation. It only takes a minute and we would be very grateful.