Lottery Grants for Community Support still Available
With the Covid-19 pandemic still here, the National Lottery continues to support people and communities most adversely impacted. Funding can help make a real difference with sums available from £300 to £10,000. Although there are also grants of more than £10,000, these are aimed at more long-term funding. The funding principles are:
• To support organisations to survive and continue as well as to thrive and grow:
• Supporting activity that enables organisations to work in new ways, including becoming more digitally capable, enabling more mutual help, and strengthening the social and civic infrastructure to nurture and support grassroots community action.
• To continue supporting people and communities most affected by Covid-19, strengthening connections and resilience to enable communities to thrive. This includes flexible funding and engaging with new and established organisations to build on vital community support.
• To listen and learn the lessons of the pandemic. This involves engaging with communities across the UK to ensure funding is shaped by, and responsive to, their experience.
• To ensure the approach to funding is straightforward and supportive: recognising that some organisations will need more support to access funding so organisations can respond to the changing needs of the communities they serve now and in the future.
Given the ongoing pandemic, the lottery fund expects continued high demand for funding and will have to make some tough choices –
so don’t expect an immediate response or even a positive one. But for all those struggling out there, it’s worth having a go. Application to www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/covid-19.
• For more information on crisis funding go to www.hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/news/crisis-funding-groups
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article. The future of our volunteer led, non-profit publication would be far more secure with the aid of a small donation. You can also support local journalism by becoming a friend of HIP. It only takes a minute and we would be very grateful.