Do you want to have your say?
There are many ways you can give your views and opinions on what’s going on locally. Hastings Independent is always happy to provide a platform, just email [email protected]. But there are also three other local papers (print and online) you can choose from should you wish.
If you prefer something more formal, you can choose from any of the following consultations and surveys which are open to the public. To take part, follow the handy link provided by Hastings Voluntary Action www.hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/news/public-consultations
• Healthwatch – Have Your Say About Your Experiences of NHS & Social Care Services
• Healthwatch – NHS Waiting Times: Delayed Treatment
• Lived Experience Consultation: Safe Accommodation for Survivors of Domestic Abuse
• Hastings Borough Council – Statement of Community Involvement
• Community Wellbeing Participatory Research: East Sussex Connected People & Places Project
• Home Farm Garden Survey
• Department of Work and Pensions: Shaping Future Support: Health & Disability Paper
• NHS – Eligibility Criteria for Non-Emergency Patient Transport
• NHS – Improve Mental Health Services in East Sussex
• Clinical Reference Group Stakeholder Registration
• NHS – Health Checks Client Survey 3
• East Sussex County Council – People Bank
• Police and Crime Commissioners Surveys
• Hastings Equality Charter
• Other forums, groups and panels.
Community engagement is more important in troubled times, and there are multiple ways that you can become involved. Hastings Voluntary Action is a good place to start.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article. The future of our volunteer led, non-profit publication would be far more secure with the aid of a small donation. You can also support local journalism by becoming a friend of HIP. It only takes a minute and we would be very grateful.