HMRC Tax App Released
HMRC have released an app, available on iOS and Android, for taxpayers. This app includes a news feed from HMRC and a calculator to allow employees to check their expected take-home pay.
If you have an account with the Government Gateway, the app will also allow you to check the following information about your tax affairs:
• your current tax code
• your National Insurance number
• your Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
• an estimate of the tax due for the current year
• the next 12 tax credit payments due to you
You will also be able to do the following actions that would previously have required a form to be submitted by post or on a computer.
• renew tax credits
• provide updated information affecting your tax credits
• update your address
• claim any refund due
• track forms and letters sent to HMRC
• access your Help to Save account.
Finally, the app can be used to generate 6-digit access codes to increase the security of your Government Gateway login.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article. The future of our volunteer led, non-profit publication would be far more secure with the aid of a small donation. It only takes a minute and we would be very grateful.